- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Zones: 8-9
- Looks: A vigorous tree with a very dense crown of an upward shape and slightly drooping fruiting branches.
- Personality: Fruit light green in color at harvest and used for table fruit because of its very large size (8-10g). The flesh represents about 86-87% of the fruit and is of a milky white color.
- Facts of note: Good resistance to cold, peacock spot and the olive fly. Not withstanding, the delicate quality of the flesh makes this cultivar very valued and is used and appreciated all around the world. Not compatible with auto harvesting.
- Pollenizer: Self-fruitful, often grown with Frantoio, Leccino, or Pendolino
Olive trees come potted and are self-fruitful (produce both male and female flowers on the same tree). Even if a pollenizer is not required, mixing varieties can help increase yields. See suggested trees under "Pollenizer" for each variety. Evergreen, long-lived, beautiful ornamental with soft gray-green foliage. The ideal time of year to plant olives is in early fall. Alternately early spring is another good time of year to plant olives. The slow growing trees reach about 25’–30’ in maturity. Depending on the variety, olives should begin to produce fruit 2-4 years after planting.
Thrives in hot summers but will tolerate coastal regions too. Winter temperatures shouldn’t drop below 22°–25°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F), but average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Drought resistant trees grow in alkaline soils with little fertilization. Plan your planting location to provide good drainage.
The potted trees will be about 18"-36” tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, approximately 1/8”–1/4” diameter (measured just above the graft).
We guarantee that potted trees will arrive in good viable condition. If they do not, contact Customer Service immediately. As they are evergreen and thus not dormant, they are not subject to the Bare-Root Limited Replacement Guarantee.
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: FL, TX, AZ, OR, VA, AK, HI, PR, VI, GU
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Up to 9 PottedTree may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 4.5 lb
Dimensions: 47.9"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H