- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Latin Name: Vaccinium corymbosum sp.
- Variety: Northern Highbush
- Plant Age: 1.5 year
- Zones: 4-8
- Chill Hours: 800-1000
- Harvest: Mid-season.
- Bush Habit: Large to 7' at maturity.
- Fruit: Favorite for home gardeners for its heavy production of small to medium sized fruit, perfect for baking.
- Facts of note: Jersey is one of the oldest, most widely grown varieties. Easy to grow in most soil types; produces consistently high yields of very sweet fruit. Very hardy.
Delicious, exceptionally nutritious, high in bioflavanoids. Consider climate suitability, ripening season and fruit size when selecting varieties and include at least two different varieties for cross-pollination and fruiting (any two varieties will do, regardless of ripening time). Grow in acidic, well-drained soil. Cottonseed meal is an excellent fertilizer for blueberries along with good quality compost and peat moss.
Check out our Fruit Harvest Chart to plan for successive harvests.
- Container Compatible
- Good for Beginners
- Suited to Cold Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, AK, PR, GU, VI
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 3.0 lb
Dimensions: 14.0"L x 3.0"W x 3.0"H