- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Trifolium incarnatum Annual cool season legume cover crop.
Showiest of all the clovers with bright crimson spikes. Annual crimson clover is often used in landscaping and erosion control for its beauty, cold and partial shade tolerance, and reseeding ability.
- Application Rate: 0.25-0.5" depth at 0.5-2 lb per 1,000 square feet or 20-40 lb per acre
- Inoculant: None needed, seed is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 18"
- Uses: Cover crop, erosion control, green manure, pastures, ground cover
- Facts to Note: Planted in the fall. Tolerates a minimum temperature of 10°F. This high quality crimson clover seed is good for pastures and can easily be overgrazed; animals love it. Fixes 80 lb of nitrogen (N) per acre, and is used as a cover crop in grain rather than row crop rotations, because it matures late.
Note to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. This is conventional seed, but all seeds are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Provides Quick Growth
- Shade Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H