- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Crotolaria juncea, Ciat variety. Warm season legume cover crop.
Vigorous summer legume, has a deep tap root and will produce yellow flowers within 60-75 days (fastest growth is in July/August).
- Application Rate: 1-2 lb/1000 sq ft or 30-40 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Cowpea inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days (when soil is warm)
- Plant Height: 5 - 6'
- Use: Excellent Nitrogen fixer (200 lb/acre) and produces much organic matter.
- Facts to Note: Loves hot weather but will withstand cold down to 28°F. Requires good drainage, grows well on acid soils and tolerates low fertility. Toxic to livestock and fowl. Seeds should be planted on rows 24"-36 apart or plants tend to smother each other out.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Provides Quick Growth
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8"L x 5"W x 1.5"H