- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Country of Origin: France
- Zones: 8-9
- Looks: A tree of strong vigor with erect dense growth. The leaves are elliptic-lanceolate in shape and medium in length and width.
- Personality: The fruit is generally large ovoid and slightly asymmetric in shape. Oil content is high. This fruit is used exclusively for oil and has a high oil yield. Fruit is clingstone.
- Facts of note: A hardy variety that requires light but frequent pruning and irrigation. The tree grows quickly and its productivity is high and constant. Ripening time is intermediate. Good resistance to cold but sensitive to olive fly, olive scale and olive moth.
- Pollenizer: Self-fruitful, often grown with Grossane or Cayon
Olive trees come potted and are self-fruitful (produce both male and female flowers on the same tree). Even if a pollenizer is not required, mixing varieties may help increase yields. See suggested trees under "Pollenizer" for each variety. Evergreen, long-lived, beautiful ornamental with soft gray-green foliage. The ideal time of year to plant olives is in early fall. Alternately early spring is another good time of year to plant olives. The slow growing trees reach about 25’–30’ in maturity. Depending on the variety, olives should begin to produce fruit 2-4 years after planting.
Thrives in hot summers but will tolerate coastal regions too. Winter temperatures shouldn’t drop below 22°–25°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F), but average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Drought resistant trees grow in alkaline soils with little fertilization. Plan your planting location to provide good drainage.
The potted trees will be about 18"-36” tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, approximately 1/8”–1/4” diameter (measured just above the graft).
We guarantee that potted trees will arrive in good viable condition. If they do not, contact Customer Service immediately. As they are evergreen and thus not dormant, they are not subject to the Bare-Root Limited Replacement Guarantee.
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: FL, TX, AZ, OR, VA, AK, HI, PR, VI, GU
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Cannot be combined with other items in a package, due either to its size or manufacturer packaging.
Shipping Weight: 4.5 lb
Dimensions: 35.9"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H
We guarantee the perishable items we sell to be in good, viable condition when we sell them. Perishable items include, but are not limited to, garlic bulbs, flower bulbs, seed potatoes, onion sets & transplants, bare-root trees, vegetable crowns, etc. If your perishable item arrives in substandard condition, take photographs and please contact us within 3 days of the purchase date (or delivery date) and we will provide you with a refund of the purchase price (excluding shipping costs), or a replacement. Accordingly, we urge you to open any boxes marked as ""Perishable"" immediately upon receiving them and inspect the shipment thoroughly (do not crack open heads of garlic, we do not accept claims on cracked garlic). Because some perishable items can deteriorate very quickly, we cannot accept any claims beyond the 3-day time frame as it becomes too difficult to determine if these items were delivered in substandard condition, or if they turned into such substandard condition because of having been improperly cared for or stored once delivered.