- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Latin Name: Vaccinium corymbosum x
- Variety: Northern Highbush
- Plant Age: 1.5 years
- Zones: 4-7
- Chill Hours: 800-1000+
- Harvest: Early season
- Bush Habit: Upright, vigorous bush reaching 4–6' tall with burgundy red foliage in fall.
- Fruit: Medium to large, rich flavored berries.
- Facts of note: Reka was selected and developed in New Zealand. It is vigorous, fast growing, and adapts well to a wide range of northern climates and soil types. Gardeners will marvel at Reka's bountiful yields of early ripening, medium sized, exceptional tasting berries. Burgundy red fall color is an added landscape bonus!
Delicious, exceptionally nutritious, high in bioflavanoids. Consider climate suitability, ripening season and fruit size when selecting varieties and include at least two different varieties for cross–pollination and fruiting (any two varieties will do, regardless of ripening time). Grow in acidic, well-drained soil. Cottonseed meal is an excellent fertilizer for blueberries along with good quality compost and peat moss.
Check out our Fruit Harvest Chart to plan for successive harvests.
- Container Compatible
- Provides Quick Growth
- Suited to Cold Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: HI, AK, PR, GU, VI
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Shipping Weight: 3.0 lb
Dimensions: 14.0"L x 3.0"W x 3.0"H