- Use Instructions
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
The new edition was compiled and edited by 21 local Master Gardeners and features gardening in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Local citizens contributed their ideas over the past few years when they responded to questionnaires on what they would like to see in the guide.
Nine new sections, five updated sections, and a complete redesign add to the excitement of this new gardening guide. After many requests, an index with over 900 entries was added. User-friendly formatting and more illustrations add to the ease of reading.
The new sections include:
- Raised-bed Planter Box
- Growing Blueberries in Nevada County
- Growing Raspberries in Nevada County
- Growing Strawberries in Nevada County
- Container Gardening: Big Payoff from a Small Space
- Japanese Maples in the Foothills
- Plant Choices for Successful Landscaping
- Sustainable Gardening
- Beneficial Insects of Nevada County Gardens
Updated and expanded sections include:
- Climate and Growing Seasons
- Firewise Landscaping for Nevada County
- Invasive Plants
- Pest Note List
The back cover includes an easy reference to the Master Gardener services.
Spiral-bound softcover. 207 pages UCCE Nevada County Master Gardeners 2010.
Shipping Weight: 1.0 lb
Dimensions: 11.0"L x 9.0"W x 1.0"H