- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Trifolium alexandrinum Cool season legume cover crop.
Also called Egyptian alfalfa. Tolerates most soils, poor drainage, and temperatures to 20°F. Plant late summer to early fall and irrigate up to obtain good fall growth. Can suppress small-seeded vegetables up to 1 month after incorporation.
- Application Rate: 15-20 lb/acre, 1 lb/1500 sq ft, 0.5 deep
- Inoculant: Not needed, seed is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 2'
- Uses: Pasture, hay, silage, green manure
- Facts to Note: Fixes Nitrogen (200-300 lb/acre) and is a palatable, protein-rich plant. Remarkably productive (up to 6 cuttings possible per season), with best growth in full sun with regular clipping.
Note to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. This is conventional seed, but all seeds are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Provides Quick Growth
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
- Tolerates Poor Drainage
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H