- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Lotus corniculatus Warm-season, low-growing, perennial legume.
Well-developed taproots and resistance to high temperatures and drought, once established. Thrives on any type of soil, even in soils too poor, shallow or deficient in calcium to support Red Clover or Alfalfa.
- Application Rate: 10-18 lbs/acre
- Inoculant: None needed, seed is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 12-18"
- Use: Cover crop, green manure, pasture or hay
- Facts to Note: Surprisingly salt tolerant.
Note to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. This is conventional seed, but all seeds are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
- Tolerates Poor Drainage
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H