- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Trifolium hirtum Annual cool season legume cover crop.
Reseeding annual thrives in the harsh conditions of poor, rocky soils and moderate rainfall (10 or more). Great pioneer, but other clovers will out-compete it when soil quality improves. Beautiful dusty rose blossoms are attractive to bees and beneficials. Earliest maturing, best winter grower.
- Application Rate: 0.25"-0.5 deep at .25-1 lb/1000 sq ft or 15-25 lb/acre
- Inoculant: None needed, is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 18"
- Uses: Commonly used in vineyards, wildlife plantings, and rangelands. Produces a palatable feed, very high in protein. Attracts beneficial insects and bees.
- Facts to Note: Moderate Nitrogen fixer (75-100 lb/acre). Tolerates a minimum temperature of 10°F. Plant in early to mid fall.
Note to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. This is conventional seed, but all seeds are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H