- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Zones: 8-9
- Looks: Vigorous tree with an open semi-pendulous habit. The crown is ample and expansive with many pendulous small branches which are curved at the tip.
- Personality: The maturation is early and simultaneous. The fruit is purple-black although purple green at the optimal picking time. It has a variable oil content of between 16 and 21%. The oil is good, mildly fruity and delicate.
- Facts of note: Good resistance to winds, fog, olive knot, fungus and peacock spot. Rustic variety, widely planted throughout the world. The tree is quick to produce and resists well adverse climatic conditions and parasites. More recently it has been used for the production of table olives, semi-ripe or black.
- Pollenizer: Self-sterile, requires a pollenizer. Pendolino or Maurino are best, however Frantoio and Maraiolo are also effective.
Olive trees come potted and most are self-fruitful (produce both male and female flowers on the same tree). If a pollenizer is needed, appropriate suggestions are listed. Even if a pollenizer is not required, mixing varieties may help increase yields. See suggested trees under "Pollenizer" for each variety. Evergreen, long-lived, beautiful ornamental with soft gray-green foliage. The ideal time of year to plant olives is in early fall. Alternately early spring is another good time of year to plant olives. The slow growing trees reach about 25’–30’ in maturity. Depending on the variety, olives should begin to produce fruit 2-4 years after planting.
Thrives in hot summers but will tolerate coastal regions too. Winter temperatures shouldn’t drop below 22°–25°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F), but average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Drought resistant trees grow in alkaline soils with little fertilization. Plan your planting location to provide good drainage.
The potted trees will be about 18"–36” tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, approximately 1/8”–1/4” diameter (measured just above the graft).
We guarantee that potted trees will arrive in good viable condition. If they do not, contact Customer Service immediately. As they are evergreen and thus not dormant, they are not subject to the Bare-Root Limited Replacement Guarantee.
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: FL, TX, AZ, OR, VA, AK, HI, PR, VI, GU
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Up to 0 of these items may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 4.5 lb
Dimensions: 47.9"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H