- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Perennial legume cover crop. Formerly called Tree & Vine Mix, this is our most popular cover crop for irrigated, mowed orchards, and vineyards.
Beautiful year-round and contains Dutch White Clover which thrives in cool weather and shade and Palestine Strawberry Clover which loves heat, full sun and neutral to alkaline soils. Spreads by seed and runners and forms a dense sod which will support tractor work in wet weather.
- Application Rate: 0.25 to 0.5 deep at 0.5-1.0 lb/1000 sq ft or 20-25 lb/acre
- Inoculant: None needed, is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 16"
- Uses: Builds Nitrogen (at 165 lb/year/acre), provides nectar and habitat for beneficials. Deep roots reduce soil compaction and erosion.
- Facts to Note: All perennial clovers have a tendency to increase slug and gopher populations monitoring is advised. Drill or broadcast in fall or spring on a firm seedbed.
NOTE to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. This is conventional seed, but all seeds are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
- Tolerates Poor Drainage
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H