- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Festuca rubra molate Cool-season, ornamental, California native red fescue.
Excellent for low-maintenance drought areas and natural landscapes. Especially beautiful native grass with its fine, graceful leaf and spreading character. Inactive in summer (turns dark gray) and should not be over irrigated. Can be watered in summer, but only once a month, deeply.
- Application Rate: 1-2 lb/1000 sq ft or 40 lb/acre for landscaping; 10-25 lb/acre for cover crop or pasture
- Inoculant: None needed
- Germination: 6-7 Days
- Plant Height: 12" with 8 or more inches of rainfall
- Days to Maturity: 30 Days
- Uses: Pasture, turf, erosion control
- Facts to Note: As perennial range pasture, it can be grazed heavily if left alone for a month after annual seed heading. For landscaping applications, however, mow to 8 inches once per year when seeds head. Can be mixed with other fescues (sheep and hard) for cost-effective cover.
- California Native
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Lawn Alternative
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 7.5"L x 7.0"W x 2.0"H