- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Vicia villosa Cool season legume cover crop.
Best of all vetches for cold climates. Tolerates temperatures below 0°F if planted early enough to get established, and goes dormant in cold weather making most of its growth in late spring. For this reason, in milder climates it is not as vigorous as other vetches but can still give high yields if allowed to fully mature in late May.
- Application Rate: 1 lb/1000 sq ft or 30-40 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Pea-Vetch or Garden Combination inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 2 - 3'
- Uses: Green manure, weed competition, erosion control
- Facts to Note: Tolerates cold temperatures if well established
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H