- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Excellent, long-lasting evergreen turf and clover mix was developed for use on farm roadways, ditchbanks and other areas where soil and water erosion, dust, traction, beneficial insect habitat and durability are important.
This mix forms a dense, low-growing sod that can tolerate frequent foot and equipment traffic once established, even tolerating wet soil traffic.
Prevents compaction and erosion problems and requires only occasional (1-3 times per year) mowing. The clovers attract and feed many beneficial insects and the grasses form a dense, tough turf.
Mix contains seed which produces grass that will make a naturally occurring product, endophyte. Endophyte is toxic to livestock or horses, therefore, seed should not be used for pastures.
- Application Rate: Broadcast seed and cover shallowly at 1-2 lb/1,000 sq ft. or 40-50 lb/acre
- Inoculant: None needed, is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 8 -12"
- Uses: Ditchbank, erosion control, beneficial habitat
- Facts to Note: This durable mix is a good bet for areas where dogs run and play. Plant spring through fall in any area that can be irrigated during germination and dry months.
Contains: Dwarf Turf-Type Fescue, Tough Turf-Type Fescue, White Clover, OMRI-listed coated Strawberry Clover, Kentucky Bluegrass
NOTE to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. The seed in this mix is conventional seed, but the legumes in the mix are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Lawn Alternative
- Requires Summer Water
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H