- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Trifolium subterranean Cool season legume cover crop.
Good in no-till or drip-irrigated fruits, nuts and vines because it dies back early, leaving a light mulch for weed and dust control, and reseeds heavily, re-sprouting during fall rains.
Subclovers receive their name from their habit of burrowing their seedheads into the soil. This re-seeding ability, along with low spreading growth and early maturity, makes them an ideal cover crop in dryland or drip-irrigated orchards and vineyards. These Mediterranean natives are exceptionally well suited to California's soils and climate.
- Application Rate: 0.25"-0.5" deep at 0.5-2 lb/1000 sq ft or 20-30 lb/acre
- Inoculant: None needed, is nitrocoated
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 12"-18"
- Uses: Improves soil nutrition, forage or hay, weed competition, erosion control
- Facts to Note: Prefer acidic to neutral soils and can do well in low fertility situations, but achieve greater growth and Nitrogen fixation on soils with adequate Phosphorus, Calcium and Sulfur. Use in areas with at least 15" rainfall and an altitude below 3300'. Should be mowed or grazed once or twice in spring to reduce weed competition and make the clovers spread out.
Contains: Campeda, Losa, Antas and Denmark Subclovers.
NOTE to Certified Organic Growers: All our cover crop seed is untreated, non-GMO seed. This is conventional seed, but all seeds are coated with Nitro-Coat Organic, which is an OMRI listed coating. This coating uses all organic ingredients: the proper rhizobacteria, a Calcium Carbonate coating that is naturally water absorbing to speed seed germination, and an OMRI listed organic adhesive.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H