- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Zones: 8-9
- Looks: A very vigorous plant of notable size and upward growth. The crown is compact, dense and is covered with leaves that are elliptical lanceolate in shape and fairly large.
- Personality: The fruit are roundish, asymmetrical and of medium size (3-5 grams). At harvest the drupes are dark wine color, freckled with a whitish dusting. The oil is of good quality (average yield is 20%) pleasing in taste and very prized.
- Facts of note: Maturation is late (November, December-January). Very productive, with good resistance to the cold and to the most common olive pests. Adapts well to other growing regions.
- Pollenizer: Self-sterile, pollenized by Leccino or Pendolino
Photos by: Santa Cruz Olive Tree Nursery
Olive trees come potted and are self-fruitful (produce both male and female flowers on the same tree). Even if a pollenizer is not required, mixing varieties may help increase yields. See suggested trees under "Pollenizer" for each variety. Evergreen, long-lived, beautiful ornamental with soft gray-green foliage. The ideal time of year to plant olives is in early fall. Alternately early spring is another good time of year to plant olives. The slow growing trees reach about 25 feet in maturity. Depending on the variety, olives should begin to produce fruit 2-4 years after planting.
Thrives in hot summers but will tolerate coastal regions too. Winter temperatures shouldn't drop below 22°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F), but average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Drought resistant trees grow in alkaline soils with little fertilization. Plan your planting location to provide good drainage.
The potted trees will be about 18"-36" tall from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree, approximately 1/8"-1/4"diameter (measured just above the graft).
- Somewhat Drought Tolerant
- Suited to Warmer Climates
Cannot ship to the following states: FL, TX, AZ, OR, VA, AK, HI, PR, VI, GU
Cannot ship via USPS.
Cannot ship via SmartPost.
Up to 9 PottedTree may be combined in a single package, but cannot be combined with other items.
Shipping Weight: 4.5 lb
Dimensions: 47.9"L x 3.9"W x 3.9"H