- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Medicago sativa Perennial legume cover crop.
Extremely winter hardy alfalfa. Makes good quality hay with 2-4 cuttings per year. Able to be grown at high elevations (zone 4 or higher) and is drought resistant, but needs at least 12" of rainfall per year. it is suitable for long rotation and the best choice for dryland alfalfa production.
- Application Rate: 0.5-1 lb/1000 sq ft or 25 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Alfalfa inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 18-24"
- Uses: Pasture, hay, beneficial insect habitat, bee forage, green manure.
- Facts to Note: Less disease resistance than other alfalfas. Non-spreading. Plant shallowly in early fall or spring.
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Requires Summer Water
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H