- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Vicia faba var. minor or equina Annual cool season legume cover crop.
Actually a member of the vetch family. Vigorous, adaptable legume.
- Application Rate: 0.5" depth at 2–4 lb/1000 sq. ft. or 100-120 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Pea Vetch or Garden Combination (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 3-6'
- Uses: Cover crop, erosion control, green manure, pastures
- Facts to Note: Also called Horse Bean, Faba Bean or Tick Bean. Fixes nitrogen at 150 lb/acre on fertile soils. Matures March to May, attracting beneficial insects to its fragrant black and white blossoms. Flowers earlier than most other winter annual cover crops. Plant in early-mid fall.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Bees/Butterflies
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Weed Competition
- Loosens Heavy Soils
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H