- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Cool Season cover crop
Mustards attract beneficial insects, provide substantial quantities of organic matter and have a large deep root system, which increases water penetration. In addition, members of the Brassica genus including radishes, rapeseed and mustards contain high levels of compounds called glucosinolates that when released into the soil breakdown into isothiocyanates. Our mix is a special blend of “hot mustard” varieties that are known to have higher levels of these compounds.
- Application Rate: 12-15 lbs/acre or 0.5 lb/1,000 sq ft
- Inoculant: None needed
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 3-4'
- Uses: Attracts beneficial insects, loosens soil, improves water penetration, possible nematicidal properties, and adds biomass
- Facts to Note: It is important to water in after tilling.
Contains: Brassica juncea mustard, Braco white mustard, Nemfix mustard, Canola (Brassica napus)
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Attracts Beneficial Insects
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Loosens Heavy Soils
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H