- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
Vicia atropurpurea Cool season legume cover crop.
Most vigorous vetch, with consistently high yields in areas which do not drop below 20°F. Can be planted year-round in mild climates.
- Application Rate: 1-3 lb/1000 sq ft or 40-60 lb/acre
- Inoculant: Pea-Vetch or Garden Combination inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: Days
- Plant Height: 3'
- Uses: valued as a green manure, honey plant, weed competitor, and forage when mixed with oats. Fixes nitrogen.
- Facts to Note: Will grow on poor soils but fixes more Nitrogen on fertile, phosphorus-rich soil. Grows later into spring than other vetches, tolerates mowing or grazing.
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Easily Established
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
- Helps Control Erosion
- Loosens Heavy Soils
- Tolerates Mowing/Grazing
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H