Simple garden crafts can bring both life and beauty to each season. With spring just around the corner start A Living Easter Basket now and grow a basket filled with vibrant, green grass that’s both beautiful and way more eco-friendly than plastic Easter grass. Kiddos will enjoy using the basket to collect hidden eggs OR fill it with veggie seeds and garden goodies for an awesome hostess gift. What’s more? It’s so easy to do! This year Easter is March 27th, so start your living Easter basket SOON!
HOW TO CREATE LIVING EASTER BASKETS
- Find a cute basket – we like ones made from natural materials.
- Line the basket with a plastic grocery bag or a plastic plant saucer (inside the basket).
- Fill the plastic liner with potting soil. You can use as little as an inch of soil for shallow baskets.
- Thoroughly cover the soil with grass seed or wheat berries.
- Water thoroughly and place on a warm, sunny window sill.
Within two weeks you'll have a lush green Easter Basket, table centerpiece, or hostess gift - a lovely touch of Spring that hardly costs a thing!