- Planting & Care
- Useful Information
- Shipping Information
We developed this mix especially for vegetable rotations and general cool-weather cover cropping. Soil Builder is not filled with cheap grasses like other mixes. Contains the highest-yielding winter-hardy legumes with cayuse oats added to stabilize the soil, and to nurse and scaffold the vetches.
- Application Rate: 3-5 lb/1000 sq ft, or 70-120 lb/acre at a depth of 3/4 to 1 in
- Inoculant: Pea Vetch or Garden Combination Inoculant (sold separately)
- Germination: 5-10 Days
- Plant Height: 4 - 6'
- Uses: Extraordinary yields of Nitrogen (up to 290 lb/acre) and organic matter (up to 49 tons/acre). Weed competition and provides excellent habitat for beneficial insects.
- Facts to Note: Seed in September or October. In coastal or cool summer zones, Soil Builder can be spring-planted.
Formulation may vary based on availability. Currently the mix contains: Bell Beans, Winter Peas (Biomaster Peas, 4010 Peas or Austrian Winter Peas-depends on availability) Vetches (Hairy, Common, and/or Purple Vetch, depending on availability), and White Oats or Montezuma Red Oats (depends on availability).
- Adds Significant Organic Matter
- Cold Hardy
- Down to 25°F
- Fixes Nitrogen
- Germination in Soils 45°F
- Good for Forage/Hay
- Good for Weed Competition
Shipping Weight: 1.1 lb
Dimensions: 8.0"L x 5.0"W x 1.5"H